Friday, February 26, 2010

A Quilting Challenge

Three Creative Studios is hosting a year long challenge --www.threecreativestudios.com-- in which they post a word and quilters respond with a small quilt inspired by the word. The word posted in January for quilts to be finished this week was 'puzzle'. Here's my quilt. My first thoughts ran to jigsaw puzzles but pondering on the choices to be made I decided every quilt is a puzzle of colors, shapes, design, lines, threads...

So I took some bits of fabric trimmed from a batik quilt, some shapes of hand dyed fabric, tiny bits of embroidery thread I've been stuffing into a jar instead of the trashcan and layered them under tulle. Then I quilted them into place. Fun! I wonder what the next word will be.

It's not too late to join the challenge.

1 comment:

  1. See, you should never throw anything away!

    Love the quilt, Peggi!

    ReplyDelete