Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Finally finished!


My Dear Jane quilt "Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme" is finally finished. I've never worked so hard on a quilt! I used 1930 reproduction fabrics, in a trip around the world pattern. I finished it on my HQ 16 and am very pleased with the results. I'm a better quilter as a result of taking on this project, which seemed impossible at times. I didn't think I could applique, but I learned that I can. I didn't think I could make so many #@*& triangles, but I did. Special thanks to the Laurel Janes for their support and encouragement over the last two years!

15 comments:

  1. Exquisite work, Nancy! Congratulations on becoming a DJ goddess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your color arrangement is lovely, what pattern did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing accomplishment. It is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING! You did a wonderful job! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely a wonderful job like everything you do. You rock, gal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! You must be so proud. The trip-around-the-world pattern makes it glow and gives it dimension. Love it--a true Scarborough Fair celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic. Love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are an official Dear Jane Goddess now - still working on mine - half way there. Your DJ is beautiful. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful work and a real accomplishment. Your insights about what the work taught you are interesting, too. Can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome, awesome! You should be proud of yourself. What an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an accomplishment! What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, this is really amazing, so pretty! and what a lot of time involved in planning it out

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my. It is amazing. What a piece of work & art. Congrats to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This is very impressive, beautiful colours and a real labour of love. Well done!

    ReplyDelete