Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Last Minute Christmas Gift

Some might think I'm crazy, but last Thursday I decided I needed to make one more quilt for Christmas. One of my stepsons is a bachelor, and he's the only one in the family who doesn't have one of my quilts. I decided to make him something warm and cozy that he can snuggle under while watching TV on these cold winter nights in northern PA. I started cutting on Friday, and finished the binding Tuesday evening. I think that's a record for me! Of course, I chose a super-simple pattern, but it turned out awesome. I used a pattern that I bought at Needles Quilt Shop called "My Guy" designed by FunQuilts.
The top is pieced entirely with blacks & dark browns on a tan background, and it's backed with a lodge print flannel for the "cuddle factor". I quilted it with double rows of straight stitching with my walking foot, in a pattern I like to call "railroad tracks".
So if you need a last minute gift, this quilt can be made in a matter of days! And it's fun!
Hopefully my stepson won't read this blog before Christmas! Merry Christmas to all!

4 comments:

  1. That's a perfect quilt for a guy, Kathy...very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Handsome quilt. Love it.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is a great idea...and I'm all over fast. Thanks for sharing!

    Smiles,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy - that's an awesome quilt. I'm not sure I can aspire to anything that good as a newbie quilter in 2011, but I'll keep it in mind for when I have worked out how to quilt properly.

    I'm sure you'd have no problems with purse frame pattern - if you buy this one: https://www.nicolemdesign.com.au/shop/frame-purses/2367-200mm-chunky-purse-kit.html you will have no problems at all. It's really, really easy and I've sold more of these than anything else. I don't buy my frames from Nicole now - I've found a cheaper source, so let me know if you decide to have a go!

    ReplyDelete