Thursday, July 7, 2011

Another UFO Takes Off!


Just finished this little quilt to give to friends moving away from Wellsboro. We'll miss them and a quilt might remind them of us. It's a good example of why quilters need a stash! I bought this nice floral stripe several years ago, thinking of some sort of simple and traditional layout. Then I took Dianne Kuhns' class at the lake house on the machine made Cathedral Window blocks. In my stash I found a background that's more golden than it looks here, and two each of green, blue, yellow and rose, taking the colors in the stripe's flowers. The center of the four patch is made using the Cathedral Window technique, so it 3D. I found enough beige for the background and inserted two floral strip pieces to make it wide enough. Nice to have another project out of the closet and on its way.

1 comment:

  1. Your quilts are just stunning!!! Oh How I love the Barn quilt. I want one on my Barn. Any suggestions? What material did you use???
    Blessings
    Gmama Jane

    ReplyDelete