Saturday, April 20, 2013

Finally finished!

This king size quilt has been on my "to do" list for a very long time but now it's done with a little help from the guild challenge to finish UFO projects.  It has 360 3 inch nine patch blocks and 360 3 inch hourglass blocks in the center plus hundreds of leaf and flower petals in the border all made from stash scraps except the white background.  The patchwork, applique and quilting were all done on my Bernina.


Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Pinwheel Quilt for CONCERN

This quilt started with a pile of half quarter triangle blocks that I found while sorting through my "scrap bag".  They were extra blocks from a table runner I made at the first quilt retreat I ever attended in 1992! It's way past time to use these blocks in a quilt to be donated to CONCERN, the guild's current Community Outreach Program.